Thursday 18 August 2011

All about my pregnancy,,,,,,,

Well with my first child Paige i was 16 and my she weighed 7lb 2.Half way through my pregnancy i started having  problems with my pelvis. My bones wern't strong enough to cope with the pregnancy which caused my pelvis to snap. The doctors called this pelvis disfuction. I was told i would have to have a c- section but as you no on your first you want to have a natural labour and i was adament i was. I ended up on crutches then had to have a brace fitted to take the weight of my bump, eveyday was gettin worse. I eventually went into labour and i did what i said i had my beutifull girl naturally even though i wish i didnt now as my pelvis has never been the same.

Pregnant again...........

Then doctors told me i could end up in a wheel chair if i had any more but i wanted a brother for Paige. Nearly 3 years down the line i fell pregnant with Jaden.

Decision time............

 My head was in a mess as to what to do as i'd already been told, "anymore and you will be in a wheelchair." That led to sleepless nights, depression, having to decide what was best, 'risking being in a wheelchair, or going through with an abortion.' For the first time in my life i followed my heart not my head. That's when i had my beautiful little boy Jaden who was 8lb 11 which was a big difference to Paige. So as you mums know the pain of pregnancy, i was dreading laying this big baba out. The doctors said i had to have a c-section. I had no choice in this matter as my pelvis had started to trouble me again.

The day of my appointment......

I woke up scared, i was worried what would go wrong. It didn't cross my mind i was giving birth i was more worried that something wouldn't go right. The thought of being in a wheelchair with two small children scared me. What life would we all have? I felt as though i was to blame.

My appointment was at 1pm but had to be there at 9am. At 9.15 they told me i was next. Well my legs went, i was shaking, I couldn't even talk. I have never been so frightened in my life. They wheeled me down to thertre, got me ready, give me the eppidural and ..........................

The next thing i remember was hearing my little baby boy cry. The pain had just melted away at just hearing his cry. I had no concern for myself just as long as he was ok.

Luckily the doctor who told me "ill be in a wheelchair if i have anymore" was wrong. I recovered although it's not a full recovery. My pelvis still gives me trouble. I stiffen up if i've been sat for too long. Also it clicks if i move too fast and gives me incredible pain. The doctors say it will wear off but still no change and Jaden is now 2years 5month.

Now i have had both my children i dont think ill ever be back to norma.l I'm 22 and feel like a 60 year old woman. Day to day life sometimes is a struggle lifting, walking and playing with my kids affects me. I don't think people have heard about this pelvis disfunction so i'd just like to let people no how mine affected my life.

If you have a story similar please share it .....................

6 comments:

  1. Great blog! Stopping by from the blog hop! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would follow me too! Thanks!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nicci cowdell-murray22 August 2011 at 09:10

    this is nicci testing comments

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,I can sympathise,I suffered with SPD during the last 3 of my 5 pregnancies,not the same as and nowhere near as bad as what you experienced but I was in pain from 5-9 months and can understand how pelvis pain must limit you as a mother especially.Do you have physiotherapy? I was offered it but realistically with a large family there weren't enough hours in the day and I managed to cope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comment niclon. I've spoke to friends and family about it loads of times but they don't really understand so it's nice to speak about it to someone.

    I did get offered physio but like yourself it's time around the children and getting there as i don't drive.

    It still limits me at doing things now. For example in the park i struggle to push the kids on the swings which really gets me down. It's the little things like that what gets me down.

    Sorry for it being anonymous it seems the only way i can post.

    Jade

    ReplyDelete